The Information We Collect
This privacy notice applies to all information submitted to MediciGlobal via MediciGlobal’s corporate web site or web sites developed on behalf of clinical trial sponsors. This information is collected in several ways, as described below:
- On some of our web sites, you can register to receive information from MediciGlobal on an automated “alert” basis. The only personal information collected at this time is your e-mail address. Each time you receive automated e-mail alerts, you have the option of canceling them and removing your e-mail address from the database. To do this, simply click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the e-mail alert message, and you will no longer receive these alerts.
- On MediciGlobal’s corporate web site, you have the opportunity to provide personal information to
- receive information about MediciGlobal’s services, products, and newsletter;
- become a member of the Centre for Patient Recruitment®; or
- complete an application for possible employment at MediciGlobal. The personal information requested from you is dependent upon the area you select.
- Also on MediciGlobal’s corporate web site, you can register to receive information specific to your area of therapeutic interest. In order to respond to your request, you will be asked to complete a "Contact Us" form. This form provides you with two options. You may have a MediciGlobal representative contact you directly, or you may have specific information sent to you in the manner that best suits you. The information you provide includes your name, title, company name, address, contact numbers, and e-mail address. Certain information fields are mandatory in order for a response to occur.
- On certain other web sites developed by MediciGlobal, you can register to obtain access to webcasts, to MediciGlobal’s newsletter Perspectives®, or to information on MediciGlobal’s case studies. Generally, the personal information collected when you register to receive this type of information is your name, company, affiliation, and address. If approved for access, you will receive a password that allows you to obtain more detailed information about MediciGlobal’s products, services, and case studies.
The Way We Use Information
MediciGlobal retains the information you provide in a secure database, which is periodically updated and verified to eliminate outdated information. At any time you may request deletion or updates of your own information or to opt-out from any further contact by MediciGlobal. To contact MediciGlobal to process such requests, see the How to Contact Us section below. Information provided to MediciGlobal is accessed by employees performing specific functions necessary to accommodate your request. When personal health information is collected for the purpose of a clinical trial, you must provide consent to have this identifiable information shared with third parties, such as clinical research centres. These parties are bound by confidentiality agreements and privacy regulations.
To improve the navigation, content, and design of our web sites, we may from time to time track visitors to evaluate the relevance of the web content. This information is collected in the aggregate and no personal information is specifically used.
Other than the exceptions noted below, your personal identifiable information is used only for the specific purpose for which you have given consent.
Except as noted above, we will not use or disclose personal identifiable information, except in situations required to
- correct technical problems and malfunctions related to processing information;
- protect the security and integrity of our web sites;
- protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others;
- take precautions against liability;
- respond to a judicial process as required by law; or
- provide information to law enforcement agencies as requested.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of personal identifiable information, MediciGlobal has established the appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal identifiable information collected online. MediciGlobal’s corporate policy for the protection of the confidentiality of individual identifiable information is in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- allow site visitors to personalise their experience by accessing information, products, and services relevant to their areas of interest;
- track a user session within the confines of a MediciGlobal developed web site;
- allow site visitors to access specific study screeners one time only; and
- collect data obtained from market research surveys.
An IP address is a number assigned to you by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet. MediciGlobal receives IP addresses in the normal course of operating its web sites. No personal identifiable information is obtained from this IP address.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important to MediciGroup. We take every precaution not to collect or maintain information from those we determine to be under 13 years of age. MediciGlobal web sites that specifically offer the ability to self-screen for a clinical research study exclude minors based on age specifications.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Information
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before updating, correcting, or removing your information from our database. The information you provide is archived in accordance with our Standard Operating Procedures.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our web site may contain links to other web sites. You should carefully review the privacy policies and practices of other web sites, as we cannot control or be responsible for their privacy practices.
Notification of Changes
Privacy Concerns and Dispute Resolution
Any questions, concerns or complaints regarding the use or disclosure of personal identifiable information should be first directed to MediciGlobal’s contact centre at the toll free number noted below. During the initial call to the contact centre, the customer service representative first seeks authorization from the caller to capture personal identifiable information in its database. Those who consent are then asked to describe the reason for the call. This information is forwarded to MediciGlobal’s Privacy Officer for follow up. Individuals may also contact MediciGlobal via email at the address noted below. When MediciGlobal receives a question, complaint or concern regarding the privacy of personal identifiable information, the Privacy Officer will direct the investigation of the complaint/concern. MediciGlobal is dedicated to providing a timely response to any concern.
Safe Harbor Compliance
MediciGlobal complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. MediciGlobal has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, visit http://export.gov/safeharbor/
Privacy Complaints by European Union or Swiss Citizens:
MediciGlobal has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by MediciGlobal, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at http://www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
How to Contact Us
You may update or remove the information you provided to MediciGlobal or direct a privacy concern or complaint by contacting our Contact Centre at +1 866 879 6810 or +44 (0)20 8834 1447 or sending an e-mail to PrivacyOfficer@MediciGlobal.com.